Established in 2017, Derby is the proud home for the very first Fusion of India.
Fusion of India brings you dishes from the North, East, West, South & Central India, in a unique yet traditional manor. Providing you with our original recipes with a modern touch will surely bring a new taste to your mouth as well as provide you with a fresh look on food & flavour. Our Interior décor is created to ensure you feel right at home with your friends & family at the same time enjoy the atmosphere of a luxurious restaurant.
Over the 40 years of experience with array of spices, condiment & experimental attitude, our chef creates Indian cuisines which would shake up your usual dinner repertoire. It’s possible for you to utilise the catering services supplied by the restaurant at any affair for example business functions, dinner parties, weddings, private events, product launches, award ceremonies and office dinners.
“Fusion of India” is a vision created by three individuals with diverse backgrounds and with experience at the highest level which will ensure the flavour of our dishes takes you back to the native land of India. Ultimately it is a restaurant service that dictates its reputation and here in “Fusion of India” Derby, we will strive to provide you with the best service possible. We only hire the best of the best to ensure our customers are provided with the best experience of their lifetime.
RAKESH KUMAR HEAD CHEF AT FUSION OF INDIA SHARES ONE OF HIS DELIGHTFUL RECIPES
15 years ago Rakesh Kumar worked in an elegant five star Centaur Hotel in the capital of Delhi were he even cooked for Bollywood stars, and now 15 years on Rakesh is head chef at one of the finest Restaurants in Derby. Rakesh cooking is supreme, but you wouldn’t expect any other as he been cooking Asian food for over 30 years. This month, Rakesh Kumar shares two recipes from one of his many dishes available at Fusion Of India.
STARTER: JANGLI MURGA
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PEOPLE:
400g piece of chicken breast
20g ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
salt to taste
juice of half a lemon
1/2 tsp garam masala
1) Cut the chicken into pieces, mix all the ingredients and leave to marinate for one hour.
2) Preheat your oven or grill to a medium high temperature (200 C/400 F/ gas mark 6).
3) Roast until the chicken is browned on all sides and tender.
4) Serve with salad and mint sauce. To make mint sauce, mix yoghurt with salt, lemon juice and mint.
MAIN: CHICKEN MAKHANI
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
500ml peeled plum tomatoes
50g ginger garlic paste
Salt to taste
50g yellow butter
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp kasoori methi powder
200g chicken tikka (as prepared in starter recipe)
1) Boil the peeled plum tomatoes with water, oil, ginger garlic paste, yellow butter, salt, sugar, garam masala and kasoori methi, until the 700ml reduces to 500ml.
2) Strain the liquid with a fine sieve, add the fresh cream and chicken tikka and boil again for five minutes.
3) Serve hot, decorated with a small portion of butter and fresh green coriander. Eat with rice and naan bread,
CONTACT FUSION OF INDIA
51 – 59 ABBEY STREET,
Tel: 01332 300444