This month I have been looking into the Blacksmith’s loft in Derby, the restaurant half of the Blacksmith’s Lounge.
They are a restaurant located on Sadler Gate in Derby. They have some mouth-watering pictures of their exquisitely prepared meals. The Blacksmith’s Loft is well known for its high quality food and their meat is provided by Owen Taylor. Owen Taylor is an award winning butchers located in Alfreton.
Their menu consists of 2 sectors Starters and Mains
Their tempting starters that they serve are.
- A delicious homemade Soup of The Day with Crusty Bread and Flavoured Butters. (V) (GFO) £4.95
- A ham hock terrine with Piccalilli and Cheddar Panna Cotta. £5.95
- Spicy Deep Fried Egg with Patatas Bravas and Aioli. £5.50
- Mackerel Pate with Cucumber & Dill Pickle, Horseradish Mayo, Caviar and Oatcakes. £5.50
- Garlic Mushroom Bruschetta with Wilted Spinach, Truffle Oil and Parmesan Shavings. £5.50
- Crispy Beef Thai Salad with Rice noodles, Oriental Vegetables, Sweet Chilli Soy Dressing and Toasted Sesame Seeds £6.50
If you are looking for a delicious main meal the Blacksmith’s Loft has you covered.
- Serving a tasty, close to home, Derbyshire fillet of beef with Diane Sauce, Roast Cherry Vine Tomatoes and Skinny fries. £24.95
- Pork & Beans which is a Pork belly, Pork Tenderloin with Caramelised Apple, Potatoes, Broad Bean Puree, Bean Fricassee and Pork & Cider gravy. £14.95
- Lemon & Thyme Corn Fed Chicken Supreme with Chorizo, Tomatoes, Potatoes, Courgette Spaghetti and Wild Garlic Pesto Cream Sauce £13.95
- Moroccan Spiced Lamb Rump with Quinoa salad, Glazed Apricots, Grilled asparagus, Yogurt Dressing and Date Puree £16.95
- Chateaubriand with Hand Cut Chips, Onion Rings, Garlic Field Mushrooms, Roast Plum, Tomatoes and Pepper Corn Sauce £47
- Carrot and Coriander Fritters with Broccoli Couscous, Harissa Yoghurt, Pickled Cauliflower and Chickpea Popcorn £10.95
- Curried Paneer with Spiced Lentils, Bombay Potatoes, Onion Bhaji and Mint Yoghurt £10.95
- Pan Fried Seabass with Orange Fennel & Caper Salad, New Potatoes, Dill Oil and Citrus Mayo £16.50
If you want some extra sides.
- Hand Cut Chips £2.95
- Seasonal Veg £2.95
- Truffle New Potatoes £2.95
- Gordal Olives £3.50
The Blacksmith’s Lodge also offers a exquisitely prepared Sunday Roast
The prices are
- 1 Course £11.95
- 2 Courses £14.95
- 3 Courses £17.95
The Starters on a Sunday are
- Soup of the Day with Crusty Bread and Flavoured Butter (V) (Gluten Free Option)
- Ham Hock Terrine with Piccalilli and Cheddar Panna Cotta
- Spicy Deep Fried Egg with Patatas Bravas and Aioli (V)
Their Mains on a Sunday are
- The Blacksmiths Sunday Sharing Platters
- Sirloin of Beef, Derbyshie Lamb or Corn Fed Chicken Breast with Roast Potatoes, Seasonal Greens, Cauliflower Cheese, Roast Root Vegetables, Yorkshire Pudding and Homemade Gravy. (Gluten Free Yorkshire Puddings are Available)
- Pan Fried Seabass with Orange Fennel & Caper Salad, New Potatoes, Dill Oil and Cirtus Mayo.
- Curried Paneer with Spiced Lentils, Bombay Potatoes, Onion Bhaji and Mint Yoghurt.
Once you have finished, enjoy one of their desserts
- Summer Berry Panna Cotta with Raspberry & Gin Sorbet
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake (Gluten Free option is Available)
- Selection of British Cheeses (£2.50 Supplement)
- Selection of Ice Creams and Sortbets (V)